CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Barcelona!!!

I am writing this while I am in Madrid, but before I tell you about Madrid I must 1st write about BARCELONA!

Well I had an amazing time in Barcelona and I miss it already, but if I stayed in Barcelona I probably wouldn't get any work done. So Tayla and I arrived in Barcelona this past Sunday night. We caught a bus into the center of town but then got lost so took a taxi the rest of the way which got us even more lost so we we just wandered around until we found our hostel.

We stayed in Equity Point Gothic Hostel, which is a short walk from Las Ramblas (main, busy tourist street full of stores, restaurants, bars, souveneir shops, street performers, etc). This was my 1st hostel experience and it was decent. We were in a a room with 4 bunkbeds, so a total of 8 beds.  There was free internet there, so of course the first thing we did was email our parents to let them know we made it to Spain safely. Then we explored the place a bit. There was a community bathroom on the floor, and elevator that led up to a sundeck, and downstairs was like a hangout spot.When we got to the room no one was there. we wanted to go out that night, but our luggage was too big to fit in the lockers and we didnt want to risk getting our stuff stolen so we didnt go party that night. I forgot to take pix of the hostel, but I found one on hostel247.com that has a pic that looks pretty much like the bunk we slept on.



So even though we didn't want to leave our luggage long enough to go party, we still wanted to eat. instead we just went and got something to eat. So we basically just wandered around until we found something open, cheap and decent, which ended up being this restaurant called Gloria's. I just got a hamburger, fries and Coke.



After that we were on a hunt for dessert, so we wandered the streets until we came across this place called Patagonia (located on Las Ramblas). We found it right before we were about to give up and I'm so glad we didnt give up because it was amazing! We both got a waffle (called a Gofre in Spain) with gelato.



Oh yeah and while we were walking there some African dude tried to holla at me, and since we were ignoring me, he got out attention by calling me "black sista" LMAO I guess that was his way of differenting me from Tayla. We asked him where we could find some dessert and he led us to McDonalds and KFC...but we didn't want the same crap we could get at home, so we thanked him and continued to wander on our own.

Well after dessert we went back to the room and a little after our roommates came in. it was 2 guys and 3 girls from Ohio. They were backpacking thru Europe, they seemed cool. The next morning we had breakfast in the hostel which basically consisted of muffins, toast, cereal, fruit and juice. From there we caught a cab to our hotel (which was walking distance, but we didn't feel like getting lost with all our luggage again like the night before) and stored our luggage there until we could check in at 2p. We stayed at the Citadines Hotel which was conveniently located on Las Ramblas. Our room had a little kitchenette with 2 twin beds pushed together. Our balcony faced Las Ramblas, which was nice because we could see everything going on, but since we were only on the 3rd floor, it would get very loud at times, but that didnt really bother us, because we didnt spend much time in the room anyways, plus when we were in the room we were too tired to even care.
on the balcony
front of the hotel
bathroom
kitchenette


So while we waited to check in to the hotel, we walked down Las Ramblas until we reached the port and then on the way back to the hotel we went souvenier shopping. Then we went and got some food from this little pita place and by that time we were able to check in at the hotel.


Once we got to the room we went straight to sleep and didnt wake up til about 9p. Then we got dressed and headed out in search of food...we ended up at KFC. Food was similar there, but not exactly the same. After that we was on a mission to see what Barcelona nighttlife is like. We had this little pamphlet that described the clubs so we followed the map to this club called Roxy but when we got there it was closed :(



So then we just started to head back the way we came and while walking we got passes to like 2 different clubs. So 1st we went to this little lounge in our hotel. The bartender gave us both a free glass of champagne, after we finished our drink we left.




Then we went to the lounge on top of our favorite gelato place, Patagonia. The waitress gave us both a free shot.  So we drank that then we both ordered a brink which was a deal of 2 drinks for 12 euros. Tayla got a Tequila Sunrise and I got a drink called Liquid Cocaine. My drink was huge! Anyways we had a good time there, we even did the macarena and danced with the owner. The waitress even gave us another free shot. Another guy who worked there came and talked to us and he thought we were lesbians...I guess 2 girls can't just party together :/
dancing with the owner


Finally we left there and went to this club called City Hall and that night was called Popcorn. It was a small club that played a mix of music. At the club we met a guy named Francesc who ended up becoming our tourguide while we were in Barcelona. I also met a guy named Martin who bought me a drink...my 4th free drink of the night!!! So at about 4a we left the club, Martin gave me his # but I lost it and Francesc invited us to meet up for dinner the next night.
Francesc!


The next morning we woke up for breakfast and then went back to sleep until about 1:30p. Then we went to Corte Ingles which is like this store with 7 floors that sells everything. I bought a prepaid phone and Tayla got a converter. After that we went to Burger King then went on this long boring tour of Gothic Barcelona, the Catedral, Barrio Gotico and the Picasso Museum. (I took so many pix of during this part of the day [except at the Picasso Museum because we weren't allowed to take pix inside], so I'll narrow it down to a few)



Afterwards we walked back to the hotel and went to sleep. Then we woke up and met Francesc in front of the Hard Rock Cafe, from there we walked to this random restaurant and had dinner. I got Paella (a popular Spanish dish) which was good. Afterwards we just hung out until it was time to go clubbing. Francesc suggested the Roxy, so thats where we went and this time it was open. The club was super packed and I could barely move. I saw alot of black people in there, music was about the same as the other club but they played a little more hip hop and R&B. I ended up getting stuck dancing with this black guy from Barcelona who wouldnt let me leave. Finally i got away from him and then just chilled with Tayla, Francesc and Edgar the rest of the night. We left that club at about 4 and headed back to the hotel and went to sleep.



The next day we got up, had breakfast and went on a tour of La Sagrada Familia and La Pedrera. Both buildings were designed by Gaudi. The buildings were beautiful, but I was tired and bored from the tour. I took many pix this day as well, so I will select a few. But I'm sure if you Google either of these buildings you will find the complete history as well as pix.

After the tour we went to sleep. At about 4p I got a call from Francesc telling us to go to the beach but we were too sleepy so we went back to sleep and ended up meeting up with Francesc at about 9p. From there we took the Metro to the beach and since it was the day of San Juan, which is a holiday in Spain, it was lots of people at the beach and they were popping fireworks. So we ate some pizza and just chilled on the beach watching fireworks. Then Francesc went back home to change while Tayla and I went to this little dessert shop where I got a waffle and gelato. About an hour and half later Francesc showed back up and we drank then went to the club. We went to this club called Catwalk on the beach. The music was about the same there and it wasnt as packed as I expected. Anyways I met a nice guy there from Barcelona and his friends were cool as well, one of them lived in London, so we will probably have him show us around when we get there and he is Moroccan so he said hes down to travel to Morroco if we want to go. Well other than that, lets just say I had way too many drinks that night so the rest was a blur or needs to be forgotten LOL...I just know that we left to Madrid some hours later and now here I am. Oh and on the way to Madrid we stopped in Zaragoza for lunch.
this is how a remember the night...a blur!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails