CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

TwitterBanging?!

"If it applies to you, remain offended!"
-My soror Stephanie Lee
It's incredible how social networks such as Facebook, Formspring and Twitter allows people to create a new identity for themselves. Think about it...on these networks you can selectively choose what pictures you have, to maybe make yourself appear more attractive, or only post pictures of you partying so that you can appear to have this amazing social life! You can also post statuses to make yourself sound intriguing, witty, intellegent, etc. I have been noticing things like this from many people that I have known for a long time who are 2 different people on the internet and in person.
Photobucket
Will the real you please stand up?
But the most intersesting things of all to me is how people say things on the internet that would not say in person. For the sake of this blog I will call it "TwitterBanging". Through statuses, tweets, away messages, etc people will make many rude, disrespectful, mean, false, and out of pocket statements. I assume this allows them to feel good inside and maybe make them appear "hard" to their friends and followers. What happened to the good ol days when people discussed things in person or maybe even on the phone?!
I consider myself a very direct person and I am not one for messiness. If I have a problem with you then I will address it with you promptly...preferably in person, but if thats not possible, then over the phone will do. My last resort is usually text or email. I also don't feel the need to discuss my issues with everyone except the person I have the actual problem with. That only makes problems escalate.
So I am waiting for the day where people stop hiding behind their computer screens and face reality. I hope that you can use your computer as a shield when someone confronts you in person about your online antics. So I hope you have a durable computer that can block a punch. LOL
The world would be a better place if people just addressed their problems instead of living in a fantasy world on the internet. Think about the little kids who commit suicide because of internet bullying. I know that is dramatic, but honestly that is what this is coming to. I hope this blog entry helps those realize that you can only hide behind a computer screen for so long and why create a false image of yourself?! Im quite sure the real you is much more beautiful :) So I hope this inspires you to face the world stop the negativity over the internet...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think most people live second lives on the internet. It's a way of escape, from their daily lives and allows them to take another form. It might not necessarily be a bad thing. Often times it might be better than violence LOL. I did a term paper on this my senior year, of course back then, the internet was a novelty (damn im aging myself)

-Steph Lee

Rochelle said...

yeah using the internet as a way of escape is 1 thing, but using it to say foul things you wouldn't say in person is another...thats just being a coward..but yeah thts just my opinion

Sunny Side-Up said...

"I hope this blog entry helps those realize that you can only hide behind a computer screen for so long and why create a false image of yourself?! Im quite sure the real you is much more beautiful :)"

I like that, " I'm quite sure the real you is much more beautiful." Positivity.

God bless!

Related Posts with Thumbnails