CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

So I stayed in for Halloween, because I did enough partying this weekend and I needed to prepare for the week ahead of me. Below I will give a recap of my Halloween hair and costumes.

So last week my best friend had a costume party...I was too cheap to buy a costume, so I just put together something with stuff I already had. I was the legendary Michael Jackson. As for my hair, it was a bantu knot out that I pinned up into a mohawk using bobby pins. My hair was a little too greasy (1st time using coconut oil, went a little overboard), but I guess it worked out for the 80's jheri curl/SoulGlo look LOL.  Oh, and I tried red lipstick for the 1st time!!!!! I used burgandy lipliner, Viva Glam I lipstick and Oversexed plushglass all from MAC.



I think my hair looks more like the girl from the Thriller video, while my outfit looks like MJ from the Bad video. I dont think he was wearing a glove yet in that video, but I had to wear the glove to make sure people knew who I was LOL.


On the Friday before Halloween I went to a yacht costume party. I wore my hair in a simple twistout



The next day I went to a Masquerade Party at this penthouse in Downtown LA. I still haven't perfected 2nd day hair, so I lazily slapped my hair into a bun and went on about my way. Also, I didnt wear my mask the whole night, just had it in my hand, I should have at least took pix in it...smh! Oh and I had a great time at the party, even though we got there super late and the elevator broke from all the people going up to the penthouse, so guess what...we walked all the way up the stairs to the penthouse. By time we go there, I had to step out on the balcony for fresh air, LOL! But I wasn't suprised hat I had a good time, because I always enjoy events by these young men who call themselves the Gentlemen Republic...check out their website for future events gentlemenrepublic.com




As you can see from the pix, my look had less effort at each event, by the time it got to Halloween I didnt even get dressed or do my hair, I was worn out!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails