CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 15, 2010

Android Apps worth downloading

So in one of my earlier posts, I mentioned my purchase of the HTC Evo, which is an Android phone. I love this phone, and I also love many apps on it. Below I listed the apps I have downloaded that you might want to download yourself. BTW, all the apps mentioned below are free, I think so of them have better versions that are available for purchase.

Fandango Movies: you can search theaters/showtimes nearby you, buy tickets, look at reviews, watch trailers and more

Foursquare: useful for tips of nearby places and connecting with friends, can also link to Facebook and Twitter


Fring: free video calls! My phone has a front facing camera as well as a back facing camera, the front facing camera allows me to video chat, similar to Skype.


Gas Buddy: Helps you find the lowest gas prices nearby


Lookout Mobile Security: Blocks viruses and spyware, backsup contacts, photos and call history, , locate phone on a map, activate a loud alarm


Pandora: Personalized radio station


PingChat!: Somewhat like BBM, but you can use it across Android, iPhone and BlackBerry networks.


Shazam: Ever hear a song, but don't know the name? With Shazam it will tell you the name and artist of the song playing and give you the option to buy it.


Tango: Allows you to video chat...similar to the Fring app


Twidroyd: Personally my favority Twitter app for an Android phone. I have also tried Twitter for Android, Peep, and Tweetcaster, but I like Twidroyd the best.


Vlingo: Very useful app, especially when driving. It will read your texts aloud and also allows you to send texts, email, search, use Facebook/Twitter/Foursquare and much more by just talking into the phone.


The Weather Channel: Useful for checking the weather, also can use GPS to give you the weather of you current location.


Yelp: Search for places nearby or afar, look up reviews, etc!

2 comments:

xoxopreciosa. said...

Reading this really made me miss my G1 lol. What type of android phone do you have?

Rochelle said...

I have the HTC Evo...what type of phone do you have now?

Related Posts with Thumbnails