CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

unbeWEAVEable

On Friday I had a sew-in weave installed as a winter protective style. Honestly I have having a hard time with my hair since I started my healthy hair journey, so I really just wanted a break. Also, I will be going to NY next week, so I didnt want to worry about bringing a whole lot of products and worry about styling my hair and hoping it comes out ok.

So I wanted big curly hair and thats what I got, Im actually having a hard time getting used to all of this hair LOL. Its about 7oz of 14in curly Indian hair. And to protect my hair underneath I just spray leave in conditioner on the braids and then oil my scalp. I also plan to wash and DC weekly.



To prepare my hair for the weave, I washed with Giovanni 50:50 shampoo, then I applied Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor. Next I DC'd with Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment. After rinsing that out, I applied Giovanni Direct Leave In and detangled in 4 sections using my Ouidad for the 1st time. I applied EVCO to each section and put each section in a braid. I let my hair air dry.


3 comments:

zainab1 said...

Hi, Rochelle
I am here to inform you of the great news!!! you are one of the winners of the younikness giveaway you entered over @ AuNaturale.

Go on over to AuNaturale and check out the post. I will also be in need of your mailing info, so that I can then email it to the owner of younikness. You will find the info there at AuNaturale. Thanks a bunch for entering And a big congrats to you!!!!:) take care.

zainab1
AuNaturale007.blogspot.com

Ouidad Blog said...

Your hair looks wonderful! Happy Holidays and I wish you the best for 2011!

Katie for Ouidad

CurlyChellez said...

Awwh I'm soo excited @Zainab1

and thank @Katie, I really like my Ouidad comb

Related Posts with Thumbnails