CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 26, 2011

My 1st braid out

So since my flexirod set didnt last, I needed to figure out something to do with my hair until wash day (Sunday). So on Wednesday I cowashed my hair with Herbal Essences Totally Twisted. I detangled my hair in the shower in 4 sections with my wide tooth shower comb and twisted each section after detangling. I rinsed my hair with cool water while still in twists, but the twists unraveled the dried my hair with my microfiber towel turban. I applied Giovanni Direct Leave in and sealed with coconut oil. I put my hair in 16 braids using Curls Gel-les'c. I smoothed each section with my Denman brush and I twisted the ends of the braids. When I was done I applied castor oil to my scalp then tied my hair with satin scarf and went to sleep. I spent about an hour braiding my hair. The next day I just moisturized my hair with Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave in conditioner and put flexi rods on the ends. Yesterday evening I moisturized my hair with Carol's Daughter Tui Leave In and then applied Castor oil to each braid. Then I unraveled each braid. My braid out was a FAIL! Luckily I didn't have anywhere important to go, so I just pinned it back and today I just put it in a bun. Pix of the process are below.


after I completed the braids, 16 total


after I unraveled the braids #fail




after I pinned it back

nothing special, but worked for the moment



bun today



8 comments:

BossyGirl1980 said...

When you can pin up your hair hat is the BOMB! I never have any luck with braid outs either...Twist out it is...

CurlyChellez said...

my twist outs are a hit and miss too, I need to work on my hair skills LOL

Miss Moon the Brooklyn Geechee said...

To get super-curly results from a braid out with no product, I've found that I had to leave it in for a LOOOOOOONG time!

Since I see you are a CD fan, I suggest trying some Mimosa Hair Honey or Kizzy Stay Put Hair Pomade for your braid outs!

Peace from Brooklyn!

CurlyChellez said...

I have been trying to stay away from CD since its so expensive! LOL. I might hit up Walgreen's tonight to take adavantage of that SheaMoisture BOGO deal, and try a braidout using their Curl and Hold Smoothie. But if I get my hands on some extra cash I will try out the CD products. Thanks for the advice!

Miss Moon the Brooklyn Geechee said...

LOL I hear ya on the prices! I just tried a twist out this past weekend with the Shea Moisture Curl & Hold Smoothie... So far, I like the results!

Another great drug store product that I've used on my hair for twist outs is (no joke!) DOO GRO Triple Strength Hair Vitalizer... I've used a bit of that and seals my ends with Castor Oil for a really great braid out.

CurlyChellez said...

I just went to Walgreens to purchase the Curl & Hold Smoothie and it was all sold out :(, I will probably try another Walgreens tomorrow!

Funbi's said...

Your hair looks good sis! About the braid out...I would advice you to use a sort of curly creme or just plain shea butter, and coconut oil over your leave in. This also works great!


www.datfunkyfro.blogspot.com

CurlyChellez said...

I have some raw shea butter and coconut oil, so I will try that. Thanks for the advice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails