CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Product Review: Everyday Shea Moisturizing Body Lotion


Product: Everyday Shea Moisturizing Body Lotion
Scent: Unscented
Size: 32 fl oz
Price: $9.99 @ Whole Foods
Product Claims: Intensive moisturizing lotion made with Certified Fair Trade handcrafted, unrefined shea butter and enhanced with lemongrass and shea leaf extracts. Unscented for sensitive skin.
To Use: Formulated for everyday use. Apply to clean skin, paying special attention to dry areas. Reapply after washing hands or as needed for soft, supple skin
Ingredients: Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus) Extract (aqueous), Shea Leaf (Butyrospermum parkii) Extract (aqueous), Handcrafted Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter*, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Red Palm (Elaeis guineensis) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Limonene (from essential oil), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)



Pros
  • great price for a natural lotion of that size
  • The company helps build sustainable communities by returning a minimum of 10% of their sales to West Africa to fund community products
  • Can be purchased locally at Whole Foods
  • comes in different scents
Cons
  • very runny
  • unscented still has a slight smell
  • skin would be dry again soon after applying


lotion is so runny I had to tilt my hand so that it wouldn't slide off
Would I repurchase?
No. I have very dry skin and I was looking for a natural product that would provide me with lots of moisture during the winter. I was hoping for a creamier lotion, I guess I should have tested the lotion in the the store prior to purchasing it. Also, although I bought the unscented version it still had a slight smell that I didn't like. It smells kind of like clay  or play dough. I guess I could have avoided this by testing it in the store as well. Also, after purchasing, I noticed that water is not listed anywhere in the ingredients, this could be the reason why I ashy soon after applying the lotion. As you can see from the pictures, I have used half the bottle already and I have had the same results consistently with this product, even as the weather got better, my skin was still super dry with this product. But I also must take into consideration that I have been also using a new soap with this lotion so maybe this can be contributing to the results. So I will continue to use this lotion with another soap to see if I see any differences. The soap I have been using is a vegetable glycerin soap from Whole Foods, I will review this product soon.
Related Posts with Thumbnails