CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Curlformers



Once my bantu knot out got old, I decided to do a Curlformer set, I havent used my Curlformers since October so I excited to use them again. I washed my hair using Giovanni 50:50 shampoo, conditioned with Giovanni Tea Tree conditioner. I detangled my hair in the shower with my fingers. After washing my hair, I got hungry LOL, so I stopped doing my hair to eat, so my hair pretty much air dried.

this is what my hair looks like air dried with no product

 I usually put my curlformers on wet hair, but since I knew my hair wouldnt have much time to dry, I figured that it might be better to do on slightly damp hair. So I moisturized each section using Giovanni Direct Leave in, sealed with EVCO and appled Aloe Vera gel for hold before putting in the Curlformers. I think I made my sections too small in the back because once I got to the top I had ran out of Curlformers, so I used a flexi rod instead. I plan on purchasing more Curlformers before trying to do the set on my hair again. The next morning I took out the Curlformers.
since I was running out of Curlformers I did bigger sections in the front, which didnt allow me to get my roots good

flexi rod where I ran out

As I took each one out, I checked my hair for split ends and I only found like 3-4 strands that were split. Which is pretty good considering that I havent had a trim since December. So I trimmed the ends that were split and moisturized the curls with Elasta QP Mango Butter. Then I seperated some of the curls and massaged away the parts and I was good to go.




 My hair got frizzy that night, so before I went to sleep I put some of the curlformers back in. The next day I wore the curls pinned back, and now I have my hair in a bun.




7 comments:

Miss Prissy said...

Very pretty! I just followed your blog. I want some curlformers!

CurlyChellez said...

Thank you :)
I am now following your blog as well!

Kiianah said...

I want these too!!! Your hair is looking very healthy and shiny!!! I have got to stop playing and get my hands on the curlformers.

Precious H said...

Lovely!!



precious-curls.blogspot.com

BossyGirl1980 said...

very pretty! I have been meaning to go and buy some of them! www.bossygirl1980.com

CurlyChellez said...

thank u! :)

Anonymous said...

My sister brought some knockoff Curlformers to use on her natural hair...it was cute.

www.rizenetworking.ws/aercurlformers.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails