CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Product Review: SheaMoisture African Black Soap Lotion & Soap Combo

Photobucket

As mentioned before, I am trying to take a more natural approach with my skincare alomg with my haircare. So in March I purchased SheaMoisture African Black Soap Lotion & Soap Combo. I ordered it to replace the lotion and soap that I had from Whole Foods. I reviewed those products here and here respectively. I made a video review of the SheaMoisture products below, but just in case you don't like video reviews, I will do a quick synopsis as well.


Product Claims: Acne Prone & Troubled Skin African Black Soap, made from palm ash, tamarind extract, tar and plantain peel has been used in Africa for centuries to treat eczema, acne, oily skin, psoriasis, and other skin ailments. Combined with the healing and hydrating properties of Shea Butter, this healing soap and lotion should be used daily to balance and resolve problem skin.

Price: I purchased on Target.com for $12.99 but it is sold on Sheamoisture.com for $11.50 


Pros:
  • soap was cleansing but not stripping
  • soap is big
  • lathers well
  • soap has clean fresh scent
  • lotion was very moisturizing
  • lotion rubbed in well
  • lotion had interesting scent, but I personally like it
Cons:
  • soap rubs off black and turns water dark, but rinses away easily
  • I personally didnt like the soap for cleansing my face
  • lotion is so thick and creamy that its nearly impossible to squeeze out of the bottle
  • cannot be purchased locally, only online (but I think the soap can be purchased alone from Target and Walgreens)
  • personally I think its too expensive
Ingredients were not posted online and I emailed SheaMoisture, but they never responded. I took pictures of the packaging, and you can view the ingredients there.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
 Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Sunny Side-Up said...

How has the black soap been working for you?

CurlyChellez said...

I havent really used it since the review

Rolf said...

You should try the "Raw African Shea Butter Black Soap from Ghana"..I get mine from amazon by the pound. You might like it alternatively!

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beach front with my children.

I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and
said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to
her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her
ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off
topic but I had to tell someone!

Look at my blog post - lifestyler treadmills monitor guide

Anonymous said...

Good day I am so excited I found your site, I really
found you by accident, while I was researching on Yahoo for something else, Anyways I am
here now and would just like to say thanks for a tremendous post
and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it
all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will
be back to read more, Please do keep up the superb work.



Here is my webpage ... weight loss pills

Related Posts with Thumbnails