As mentioned before, I am trying to take a more natural approach with my skincare alomg with my haircare. So in March I purchased SheaMoisture African Black Soap Lotion & Soap Combo. I ordered it to replace the lotion and soap that I had from Whole Foods. I reviewed those products here and here respectively. I made a video review of the SheaMoisture products below, but just in case you don't like video reviews, I will do a quick synopsis as well.
Product Claims: Acne Prone & Troubled Skin African Black Soap, made from palm ash, tamarind extract, tar and plantain peel has been used in Africa for centuries to treat eczema, acne, oily skin, psoriasis, and other skin ailments. Combined with the healing and hydrating properties of Shea Butter, this healing soap and lotion should be used daily to balance and resolve problem skin.
Price: I purchased on Target.com for $12.99 but it is sold on Sheamoisture.com for $11.50
- soap was cleansing but not stripping
- soap is big
- lathers well
- soap has clean fresh scent
- lotion was very moisturizing
- lotion rubbed in well
- lotion had interesting scent, but I personally like it
- soap rubs off black and turns water dark, but rinses away easily
- I personally didnt like the soap for cleansing my face
- lotion is so thick and creamy that its nearly impossible to squeeze out of the bottle
- cannot be purchased locally, only online (but I think the soap can be purchased alone from Target and Walgreens)
- personally I think its too expensive