CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Bantu Knot out on Roller Set hair

Since my roller set failed, I decided to try bantu knots on them. I put my hair in 16 bantu knots. I 2 strand twist each knot and used an ouchless rubber band for extra hold on each knot. I used Doris New York Olive Oil Cream on each knot in hopes of it providing some definition.
Photobucket
completed bantu knots

Photobucket
the rubber bands I used

The next morning some of the knots had unraveled, leaving sections uncurled.
Photobucket
this is how it looked when I took out the knots
Photobucket
this is how it looked after fluffing
I used my curling wand to fix those sections since I did not have time to reset them on bantu knots.
Photobucket
after fixing it up a bit

Since I was going to work I pinned all may hair up and then let it loose when I went out after work.
Photobucket
pinned up for work

Since it was looking a little crazy when I let my hair down, I smoothed my hair over to one side and held it in place with bobby pins.
Photobucket
pinned to the side

Photobucket
back view

This style actually made it through the night.
Photobucket
seemed to hold up well in the humid bar...and my bestie is natural too!

When I got home I put my hair in 5 bantu knots with no product.
Photobucket
hoping for 2nd day hair

When I unraveled the 5 knots, I actually liked my hair better than the day before.
Photobucket
day 2: unraveled bantu knots

Photobucket
day 2: fluffed out

Too bad I had to go to work where I have to wear a hat with my hair pulled back.
Photobucket
day 2: after work


That night I put my hair in 5 bantu knots again. I wasn't really concerned about how my hair would come out though since I knew I would have to wear a hat again at work. But I took pix for you all anyways :)

Photobucket
day 3: before work
(excuse the mean mug...i wasnt feeling well)

Photobucket
day 3: after work

9 comments:

1BlessedNatural said...

You and your friend's hair looks nice!

CurlyChellez said...

Thank you!

кcℓ (n_n) said...

Came out really pretty!!! I want those ouchless "rubber" bands. I bought the cheap ones and lawd..... hmph. *walks away* lol

CurlyChellez said...

@кcℓ (n_n) Girl, i got those in the dollar section at Target. But you should be able to find them other places as well, I cant remember the other places I bought them from in the past.

кcℓ (n_n) said...

Thanks Chellez! I'll check out Target since I have this gift card I've been itching to use for a year lol. I'll purchase that and Cara B Natural. ^__^

Jazz Garcelle said...

I LOVE this post! girl I've gotta do some of those things with MY hair! WOW! holla!

CurlyChellez said...

@Jazz Thank you. I visited your blog and you have beautiful hair, so Im sure this style will turn out great on you!

Anonymous said...

I am curious to find out what blog platform you're working with? I'm experiencing
some small security problems with my latest blog and I would like to find something more safeguarded.
Do you have any solutions?

my website: Newport Beach catering

Anonymous said...

Hi there it's me, I am also visiting this website daily, this web page is actually fastidious and the users are genuinely sharing fastidious thoughts.

My site Kermit []

Related Posts with Thumbnails